It was once said that “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” For us, this perfectly encapsulates the spirit of giving.
At Cynthia Spencer Hospice, we care for hundreds of people every year – each on their own unique journey, each with their own unique story. We’ve proudly served the community at our hospice in Northampton, as well as in people’s homes across Northamptonshire, since 1976.
Many people choose to leave a gift in their Will to Cynthia Spencer because it enables them to make a substantial contribution to a local charity close to their hearts, after they have taken care of their family, without having to donate a penny now. These gifts in Wills are crucial to the support we provide to local people – in fact, these thoughtful gifts pay for the care of one out of every five patients we look after. Our services simply wouldn’t exist without the generosity of local people remembering our hospice in their Wills.
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
We’ve compiled some information and guidance here to help you make the best decision for you and your loved ones. If you make the wonderful choice to leave a gift in your Will to Cynthia Spencer Hospice, we’d be thrilled to talk more about this and ensure the process is as easy as possible for you. Please read on to find out more about why making the choice to leave a gift to your local hospice is so special.
Thank you taking an interest in leaving a gift in your Will to the hospice.
We can't express in words enough what a difference these legacies make and our thanks go out to the families and executors of those who have bequeathed us these generous gifts.
Leaving us a gift in your Will is a big and important decision to make. We want you to feel comfortable and content should you decide to support us in this way. Here are our promises to you:
1. We won’t put you under pressure – this is one of the most important decisions you will ever make and we want you to decide in your own time.
2. We understand and respect that your loved ones come first in your Will.
3. We promise to use your gift in the wisest and most cost-effective way possible so that it has the greatest impact on our care.
4. If you wish your gift to be spent on a service that is special to you, we will ensure that it is.
5. We value all gifts that are left to us. No matter what size, your gift will have a significant impact on the care of future patients.
6. We will offer you the chance to come and visit our Legacy Meadow, and your personalised Forget-me-not. Just let us know if you would like to arrange a visit by contacting the Hospice charity team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01604 973340.
7. You have the right to change your mind about leaving us a gift in your Will at any time in the future.