This role will play an important part in delivering income growth through the long term engagement of community supporters. Part of your role will be to identify and develop fundraising initiatives to engage community groups and schools in line with the Charity’s strategy.
Coming from a background in Community Fundraising you will have a proven ability and passion for relationship building and the capability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will be able to identify new audiences, prospects and convert leads into new supporters for the Charity.
This position provides a opportunity to contribute significantly to a future of Cynthia Spencer Hospice Charity and our care for patients, and their families, with life limiting illnesses. We hope you share our passion to achieve this aim.
- To achieve the agreed fundraising targets from new and existing supporters.
- To cultivate and recruit community groups as donors and fundraisers
- To deliver our calendar of planned community fundraising activities and events
- To represent Cynthia Spencer Hospice at local public events and activities and giving talks to the community
- Supporting and motivating volunteers to fundraise and organise events
- Providing excellent supporter care and encouragement to fundraisers and donors through telephone, email, social media and printed communications
- Promoting and publicising particular Cynthia Spencer Hospice events and external sponsored events
- Develop community communications sharing case studies and fundraising opportunities to community supporters
In order to apply you should have the following:
- Previous experience of community fundraising
- A track record of developing relationships with volunteers, community supporters and encouraging their fundraising efforts
- Be ambitious, self-motivated and adaptable to make the most of this exciting opportunity
- Be flexible to travel throughout the region and work evening and weekends as required
- You must have a full UK Driving Licence and access to a car